December 5th, 2018
With the holiday season in full swing, chances are you have one or two fitness enthusiasts–or someone hoping to become one–on your list. Here are a few of our favourite gift items for the at-home gym.
- Kettlebells. Kettlebells are fantastic for improving your core strength, coordination and developing muscle tone, while keeping the movements functional and practical. Plus they are are generally affordable, fun to look at, and easy to tuck away.
- TRX training system. This may look like a torture device but it’s actually one of the best at-home fitness tools on the market. The exercise possibilities are endless and it engages many of your important joint and postural stabilisers. An awesome tool.
- If you don’t have the budget for a TRX – or need something that will fit in a stocking! – go for a simple resistance band. Not fancy, but they offer a ton of exercise and stretching possibilities and are really effective. Also, super portable – a great option for the traveler on your list.
- A fitbit. At Nielsen Fitness, we are all about tracking progress. Tracking is important because getting in shape takes time, and some days it’s easy to forget how far you’ve come. With the fitbit, your daily, weekly, monthly stats are at your fingertips. There are numerous options on the market right now, so you can pick the one that meets your needs. This is a great bet, especially for someone just starting out.
- Personal training. We saved the best for last. The holidays are a great time to introduce personal training to someone in your life. Right now we are offering a Personal Training Intro Package Special. It takes 21 days to build a habit. This package is designed to get you through those critical first three weeks – with results to show for it.
If you’d like some more suggestions on the best ways to give the gift of fitness to someone in your life, give us a shout, we’d be happy to help.
And from our family to yours, we hope you have a fit and wonderful holiday!