December 5th, 2014
With the holiday season in full swing, here are our favourite gift items for the at-home fitness buff on your list:
- Kettlebells. Kettlebells are fantastic for improving your core strength, coordination and developing muscle tone, while keeping the movements functional and practical. Plus they are are generally affordable, fun to look at, and easy to tuck away.
- TRX training system. This may look like a torture device but it’s actually one of the best at-home fitness tools on the market. The exercise possibilities are endless and it engages many of your important joint and postural stabilisers. An awesome tool.
- If you don’t have the budget for a TRX – or need something that will fit in a stocking! – go for a simple resistance band. Not fancy, but they offer a ton of exercise and stretching possibilities and are really effective. Also, super portable – a great option for the traveler on your list.
- A step/sleep tracker, such as the Jawbone UP. There are numerous options on the market right now. We’ve tried – and really liked – the Jawbone UP. A big part of overall health and fitness is movement, and one of these bands is a great tool to make sure you’re moving enough. Also, the sleep information is really useful. This is a great bet, especially for someone just starting out.
- Personal training. We saved the best for last. The holidays are a great time to introduce personal training to someone in your life. We offer gift cards all year long, but from now until Christmas you’ll receive a free $25 Starbucks card with every gift card purchase of $100 or more. Click here for more info.
From our family to yours, have a fit and very happy holiday!