February 12th, 2016
So, it’s February. It’s cold. Your new year’s resolution is probably feeling like a distant memory. Are you finding it hard to get up off the couch to exercise? If so, this post is for you.
Motivation ebbs and flows for the best of us. The trick is not falling off the wagon when it’s at a low point. Here are some ways of doing just that:
- Make sure you’ve got a goal – and that it’s SMART. And make sure it’s a goal that really makes you excited!
- Remind yourself of your why – the reason you set that goal in the first place. Write it down, and tape it to your mirror so that it can serve as a daily reminder of what you’re working towards.
- Surround yourself with like-minded people. There’s motivation in numbers so, if you’re feeling like you’re out there all on your own, do something about it. Seek out other like-minded people, with similar goals to you, either in person or online.
- Replenish. Do an inventory of the daily habits that may be impacting your motivation. Are you getting enough sleep? Eating well? Drinking lots of water? If not, adjust. If you’re tired or feeling gross, it will work against you.
- Set a mini-goal with a specific date attached to it. If you need some short-term motivation, create some. Set a very specific mini-goal with a specific end-date, and work towards it.
And, if you’re really feeling stuck, maybe some extra help is just what you need. You know where to find us if you’d like to set up a consultation or kick up the motivation in a big way with our signature Habit Package.